The Student Alumni Council is preparing for a “Penny War” event that will take place from Monday, April 10-Monday, April 24. The purpose of the event is to promote participation between the colleges and to engage students through fundraising. During this event, jars representing each college will be placed at Sharky’s Cove downtown, and Atherton Library on the Hawaii Loa campus. Students, as well as the HPU faculty and staff, are encouraged to participate by donating pennies into their specific college’s jar. Twenty students from the winning college will be receiving gift card prize giveaways.
Rules for the Penny War are as follows:
· Pennies are worth one point toward the respective college
· Silver coins deduct points based on amount of coin (ex. Nickel is minus 5 points)
· Silver coins are encouraged to be placed in other jars to provide competition
· Dollar bills will also deduct points according to amount ( $1.00 minus 100 points)
· A mid war point check will be announced on Monday, April 17 via social media and pipeline
· Winners will be announced on Monday, April 24
· Prize Giveaway winners can collect their prizes at the University Relations office located at Aloha Tower Suite 3100
Please help us promote this event within your college.
Yours might come out on top!
For any questions or concerns, please contact Daryn Vorderbruegge in University Relations at email@example.com