The Pelagicos lab, led by Associate Professor of Oceanography David Hyrenbach, Ph.D., participated in the Pacific Seabird Group Conference at Turtle Bay, O'ahu, Feb. 11-13. Hyrenbach, Shannon Lyday (MSMS ’13), and MSMS students Catherine Pham and Sarah Donahue presented the following. Abstracts posted here.
· When Seabirds and Highways Collide: Wedge-tailed Shearwater fallout along Southeastern O‘ahu: 2011-2015 (2016).
· Diet of Red-footed Boobies Provisioning Chicks on O‘ahu (2016)
· Habitat Restoration and Monitoring of an Urban Shearwater Colony at the Freeman Seabird Preserve: 2008-2015 (2016)
· Shearwaters As Ecosystem Indicators: Connecting Predators in the California Current (2016)
· International Variability in Seabird Communities with Respect to Prey and Oceanographic Conditions in the Northern Bering and Chukchi Seas (2016)
See links for information on Hyrenbach and the Pelagicos lab and the College of Natural and Computational Sciences.