The Career Services Center is hosting the Spring Career Expo on Tuesday, March 21, from noon-3 p.m. This event connects students with over 25 employers who are actively hiring for full-time career opportunities. Whether you’re seeking employment or just want to learn how to make yourself marketable for your future career, the Spring Expo is a great experience for all HPU students. Come explore what employers have to offer, develop your networking skills and learn how to stand out from others when applying for that dream job.
In addition to full-time work, many of the attending employers offer internships and part-time jobs. Below are sample questions to ask that can help you effectively network with participating employers:
1. Besides the requirement for a college degree, what are some of the more important qualifications your organization values in an applicant?
2. What makes a candidate stand out during a job interview?
3. Professional development is important to me, but I’m not sure what steps I should take when starting out in a new career. What do you recommend someone focus on when seeking to develop professionally at the start of their career?
4. What actions often lead to an employee advancing within your organization?
5. What stands out for employee satisfaction at your organization?
The Spring Career Expo will be held at Aloha Tower Marketplace in Multi-Purpose Room (MPR) 3. Light refreshments will be available for students and alumni. In the weeks ahead, visit www.hpu.edu/csc for updates and a list of attending employers.