As a safety measure and to provide an environment conducive to living and learning, various recreational activities are not permitted. Mopeds, scooters and bicycles are not to be used on any common area walkways between campus buildings, lanais or inside any building or lounge. Also, body-boarding/boogie-boarding, rollerblading and skateboarding are prohibited on campus and subject to disciplinary action.
Questions? Contact HPU Security, 808-544-1400 (ATM) or the Dean of Students Office (ATM 1400)
Steps to pedestrian safety
· Always use a marked crosswalk.
· Make eye contact. Look left, right, left again.
· Wear white, bright or reflective clothing.
· Do not walk if the hand or countdown signal appears.
· Pedestrian obedience to “Don’t Walk” or flashing signal, jaywalking, and no pedestrian shall enter upon/cross any roadway closed to pedestrian traffic is $130 per violation.