The HPU staff, faculty and your fellow students look forward to celebrating this milestone event with you, your family and your friends. Following are friendly reminders about the ceremony, which is scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 17, 5 p.m., Blaisdell Arena.
- Livestream at www.hpu.edu/livegrad: The ceremony will be webcast live. Note: Check system requirements posted at site before viewing.
- Photography: As a gift to graduates, HPU will provide a “handshake” photo of you with President Bannister. Register at alumni.hpu.edu. No selfies on stage, please.
- Bags, valuables & graduate attire: Graduates will need both hands free during the ceremony; please do not bring purses, bags or Go Pros. See website, appropriate attire for graduates, for information about the cap/gown, attire under the gown and footwear.
- Blaisdell signage rules: Guests may not bring items that may infringe upon the view of other guests. Large signs, balloons, inflatable toys, noisemakers and camera tripods are not allowed in the Arena, per the Blaisdell.
- Extra tickets: Any tickets not picked up at the DT Bookstore (808-544-0290) by Wednesday, Dec. 16, 4 p.m., will be available first-come, first-served at the Blaisdell, HPU Commencement Concierge table, from 3 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 17.
- Important Commencement information: www.hpu.edu/graduation
25% off entire stock of Champion apparel*The Bookstore’s entire stock of regular-priced Champion apparel is on sale until Dec. 19! Check the selection of tees, sweatshirt and sweatpants at the downtown and Hawaii Loa locations and pick up last minute Christmas gifts! *Discounts cannot be combined with any other offers; while supplies last.
Register for Spring and Summer ’16 before Winter break
Get the best selection of classes by registering now before the holiday break! Be sure to resolve any registration holds that are preventing you from enrolling. Check for holds on Campus Pipeline: Quick Links–Register Online–Check Your Registration Status. View the Registration schedule and policies here, and the web registration procedures for main campus courses here.
Complete Student Course Evaluations today!
Don’t miss the chance to make your voices heard about how to improve course content and design, teaching effectiveness and create better learning environments at HPU! Students enrolled in Fall 15-Week & Fall B 8-Week courses who complete their course evaluations by Thurs., Dec. 17, 5 p.m. automatically participate in the “Early Grade View Incentive” to view final grades one week early! Use the link in the invitation sent to your HPU email, or log onto Blackboard to complete course evaluations. More information here.
Deadline for spring internships
The deadline to register for spring internships, it is Mon., Jan., 25, 2016. In some cases a general petition may be required. Students should check with the Career Services Center prior to starting any internship for academic credit.
Facilities winter hours
- Libraries/Learning Commons: Hours for Atherton (HLC), Meader (DT) and the Learning Commons (ATM) are posted here. Access to 24/7 Chat Reference here.
- Sharky’s Cove will be closed: Mon., Dec. 14, 2015-Fri., Jan. 15, 2016. It will reopen for normal business hours on Tues., Jan. 19, 2016, 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- The Lounge at ATM will be open Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. during the winter break: Mon., Dec. 14, 2015-Fri., Jan 15, 2016. It will be closed on holidays.
Are you eligible for Federal Work Study (FWS)? University Communications is seeking FWS students for Spring 2016. You will earn some money and build your resume while making a positive contribution to your university! See position #10153 and #10300 on HPU Connect.
Master of Social Work (MSW) capstone project survey
MSW student Ashley Bonton is conducting research for her capstone project, examining how educational interventions impact the attitudes, knowledge, and beliefs college students have on mental health and their intentions to seek help. She is seeking the participation of HPU students enrolled in winter 2015 or spring 2016 to take her survey; posted here.
HPU Short Script Contest deadline 12/21
The deadline for the contest is Mon., Dec. 21, 11:59 p.m., for electronic submissions or Dec. 21 postmark if the submission is mailed. Copies may also be handed in to the Faculty Support Center before its closing on Dec. 21. Application form here. Questions? Contact Mark Tjarks, Ph.D., at email@example.com or 566-2445 (be sure to leave a voicemail message)
James Vaughan Poetry Award submissions due 12/30
The annual award celebrates local writers and the literary arts. This year's contest offers a $250 cash prize and publication in HPU's literary magazine Hawai‘i Pacific Review. Deadline: Dec. 30. More...